12 questions you should ask yourself about your content marketing efforts
Most marketers understand the importance of content in an organizations marketing efforts. As a result, quite a bit of content does get produced. However the quality of most of the content produced is not good enough. Are marketers really satisfied with their current efforts? Is there a nagging doubt that you can do better with your content creation efforts?
Ask yourself these 12 questions about content marketing to determine whether you can make a difference.
- Do you really know your customer's information needs?
- Are you creating content on a sustained basis?
- Is your content engaging?
- Does your content help in solving the customers problem?
Content for specific campaigns:
- Have you identified a realistic campaign goal?
- What information / content will you disseminate?
- How will you distribute the content?
- Have you created a mechanism for measuring success?
Creation of content assets:
- Do you have an annual plan for creating content assets?
- Have you determined the mix between white papers and case studies?
- Have you build the business case for change?
- Have you provided in-depth product info so that you can be short-listed for evaluation?
In order to be effective with your content efforts, marketers will need to tackle some if not most of these issues.